Discontinuous research on Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band since June 1994.
About HPR -
The Legendary A&M Sessions
- 1984 UK Original on A&M AMY 226
- 1984 US Legendary A&Msessions 12" EP on A&MSP 12510 -
finally A&M's Jeff Gold issued the 5 A&Mtracks on a 12" EP -
LOANED FOR PROMOTION ONLY - Not for Sale - Ownership and All Rights
Reserved< IN LOGO STAMPED IN GOLD ON BACK COVER - NORMAL RECORD
- CLEAR PLASTIC INNER
- 1986 UK Re-issue on Edsel Blimp 902
- 1986 UK CD Edsel Records, BLIMPCD902. This comes with a small insert and a
little postcard so that you can send away for more Demon CDs (Demon Records is I suppose a
parent company to Edsel - ?) which I think is the label John French's "Waiting On The Flame"
album came out on. The text of the insert is from Jeff Gold, July 1984, and simply gives
a bit of history about the album and the Magic Band. This is where I have my scanned
- 1992 Japanese The Legendary A&MSessions CD on BLIMPCD902.
CD and case are
the ``Manuf'd in France'' standard issue but has OBI inside clingfilm wrap
with packed info in Japanese, Price (2,039/2,100 Yen) and what appears to be
short potted history on back. Says MSI/TOKYO. Lyric sheet inside (but SS).
- 1993(?) Canadian The Legendary A&Msessions cassette on
A&MCS 12510 - 5 tracks on both sides of a CHROMIUM DIOXIDE
cassette with Manufactured and Distributed by A&MRecords of Canada
Ltd. Gerry was told this is one of a batch of 500 run up in '93 but it
has no date just ©1984.
The back of the UK CD:
Alan Saul's scan, I think of a vinyl version.