Discontinuous research on Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band since June 1994.
About HPR -
25th Century Quaker
- 1971 UK Original on Buddah 2365 002 (g/fold)
- 1982 UK Re-issue on PRT NCP 1004 - two versions exist of this with
slightly different layout on back (Export version?)
- 1986 UK Re-issue on EDSEL 184 with alternative
Cannes Beach Publicity Shot (are these shots from a movie?)
and redone sleeve notes - no ``recorded one night in 1965''
- 1971 US Original on Buddah BDS-5077
- 1987 US Re-issue on Performance BDP 156
Safe As Milk/Mirror Man combinations
- 1977 UK Re-issue as Beefheart File of SAM/MM on Pye FILD 008 -
Two inner sleeves contain ``rare'' photos and informative article by
- first sleeve has real slot on front
- later sleeve front cover has Internal Memo artwork and no slot
- 1983 UK Re-issue as Music In Sea Minor of selected tracks from
SAM/MM on a 10" Album with Cannes Beach Publicity Shot Cover on
Buddah PRT DOW 15
- 1984 UK Re-issue as Top Secret of selected tracks from SAM/MM on
12" Picture Disc Design PIXLP4 - has Knebworth photo and Clear Spot
period top-hat publicity shot.
- 1984 UK Re-issue as Top Secret of selected tracks from SAM/MM
on Breakaway BWY 66
- 19?? Dutch Release as Abba Zaba of selected
tracks from SAM/MM on MASTERS MA 0015784
- White label - promo?
- Red label - assume this is the standard issue
- 1988 UK Re-issue of SAM/MM by Castle Communication on That's Original
series TFOLP 11 (double)