Busy, busy week.
- An in-depth programming language comparison. These can be fun for reinforcing your language choices, but also interesting just for the depth of comparison. Spoiler: Java can be crazy slow; Perl can be crazy fast. The page has lots of charts which always make me happy. The quotes at the end per-language are enjoyable. (via ferz on EFNet #dragonflybsd)
- PC-BSD is using a content delivery network for their image delivery – that’s a good idea. It’s very hard to get people to consistently use mirrors, even if they are consistent and local.
- A Statistical Analysis of Nerf Blasters and Darts. Nerf guns are fun, charts are great, so that whole article is the bestest. (I think via)
- 1,200 computer interfaces from the movies. See this link for the story, and this link for more details and some new interfaces to that huge quantity of visual information, about visual information.
- 80′s childhood. It’s linkbait, but I like the sort of burst of how personal electronics looked at that point in time.