I have a number of small things, mostly old-school games, to post, so I’ll break out the bullets:
- Temple of the Roguelike has some links to roguelike applets; they need Java.
- Rob Beschizza asks on Boing Boing Gadgets, “Who’d like a portable text game console?” Me? Of course, running a BSD on a handheld (NetBSD is the most obvious choice) will get you that free.
- Everyone has Big Kernel Lock troubles – everyone!
- The howling void has a post on “Smartphones for text SSH use” – an interesting idea, and there are some good suggestions interspersed with the bickering in the comments.
- Hubert Feyrer found an interesting thing: DracoPKG – a combination of pkgsrc and Slackware’s pkgtools.